The Importance of Weight Loss and Skin Care
Taking care of our body is the first important thing that we all should do. In this fast running life, it has become tough to take care of our health. But with the proper food and exercise and little medical help, we can live a healthy and happy life. The two main problems that we all face these days is weight gain and skin related problems. Let’s have a brief look at the two problems, their reasons, and treatments.
When excessive fat get stored in our body,and our body fat crosses a healthy line, we are considered in the obesity category. Excessive weight not only affects our daily work but it also affects our self-confidence, our physical health and also our mental health.
Causes of Obesity
When we don’t do enough physical work to burn the calories we have consumed in a day, our body stores it as fat,this result in increased body mass and fat gain. The main reason for obesity in today’s generation is overeating and junk food. Below are some other factors that contribute toweight gain.
- Genetics: Obesity has a strong genetic component. Children of overweight parents are much more likely to become obese than children of lean parents.
- Junk Food: Processedfoods are cheap, lasts long and taste good which makes it irresistible to all of us. But these foods only promote overeating and bad
- Physical Inactivity: With the evolution of technology, we have become more and more physically inactive which has led us to all these physical problems, mainly obesity.
- Low Metabolism: This is one of the reasons for obesity as our body could not digest the food we eat properlywhen we have a low
Below we will discuss the importance of diet, exercise, and medications in living a healthy and fit life.
1. Diet: The primary goal of dieting is to stop further weight gain. The next goal is to establish realistic weight-loss goals. Your diet should include enough nutrition that your body needs to work properly. Also, including lots of fiber and protein is always a good idea. Try to include oatmeal, eggs, whole grains, pulses, green tea, and lots of nuts and of course healthy fats in your diet.
2. Exercise: Exercise is also very important for your body. As we all do almost no physical work, this is the only way to maintain your body and be strong. Physical activity and exercise help burn calories and lose weight. Regular exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle to maintain a healthy weight for the long term.
- Weight Control Medications: Medication treatment for obesity should be used only for those who have health risks related to obesity.Weight control medicationsshould only be used as an addition to a diet plan and an exercise program. But always remember that the goal of medication treatment should be realistic. With a proper medication treatment, you can expect an initial weight loss of 3 to 5 pounds in the first month. Also, it is notable that these medications only work until you are consuming them, once you discontinue, weight gain often occurs.
Our skin is always in a state of growth, where old cells die as new cells form. It is affected by everything you do in your life like the food you eat, the exercise you do or don’t doand the skin care products you use, etc.
Keeping Skin Healthy
It is vital that you remain cautious in taking care of your skin. The most important thing is to keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day. Also, the importance of abalanced diet that provides vitamins and minerals to your skin cannot be overlooked. Try to have lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein. Always make sure to use sunscreen before stepping out in the sun.
Also, skin needs moisture to look good, so do not use hot water for face wash, as the heat eliminates moisture from your skin. Also, do not use harsh chemical products on your skin. If you have a problem with dry skin, use an oil-based lotion on the problem area several times a day.There are different and effective skin care medicationsavailable in the market that you can use for problems like acne.
It is your life,and your body is the one that will stay with you in every up and down of your life, so it is very important that you take care of your health and skin as much as you take care of your material possessions.