An attractive nose is a nose that fits your face. It is a natural-looking nose that achieves a harmonious balance with your other facial features. If you feel that your nose is not a good fit, you may benefit from cosmetic surgery of the nose.
Cosmetic surgery of the nose, technically called rhinoplasty, is a plastic surgery procedure to improve the appearance of the nose. You may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty of you have any of the following conditions:
– Your nose appears too large for your face
– There is a bump or depression on the bridge of the nose when seen in profile
– The nose looks too wide when seen from the front
– The middle part of the nose looks pinched
– The tip of the nose droops down
– The tip of the nose is thick and wide
– Your nostrils flair too much
– Your nose is crooked or off-center
– You have had a nasal injury or fraction which makes your nose look asymmetric
– You have trouble breathing through your nose.
Rhinoplasty can be performed on men and women of almost any age. I usually do not like to do rhinoplasty until someone is past puberty … about age 13 or 14 for girls and about 14 or 15 for boys. There is no upper age limit for rhinoplasty. It can be done at ages 70 or 80!
Rhinoplasty can be done for cosmetic purposes only or done in conjunction with surgery to correct internal breathing problems as well. Simultaneously correcting breathing problems causes a longer recovery after rhinoplasty with more nasal stuffiness. In some cases, health insurance may cover the costs of the breathing part of the procedure.